There is light at the end of the tunnel – day 3 is now complete! Still have to make it through the night with NO cheating but I’m confident I can do it;). Take a peak at the video to see how it went. As always, if you feel this is something for you or you just want to chat more about your health and wellness goals, please reach out, I’d love to chat! Also, stay tuned for “Life After a Cleanse…”
Day 3: VIDEO
Often times (so I hear) the second day can be the worst! Check out how things went for me today :).
Day 2: VIDEO
Good Evening Everyone! It’s Sunday, time to start preparing for the week ahead. I typically plan my meals on Sundays and prep my week for workouts, social time, me-time, etc. All of those are so important! This Sunday is a bit different as I have decided to try my first EVER cleanse, this one is known as the 3-Day Refresh. I also thought it would be helpful to document this next 3 days for any of you who are thinking of doing a cleanse. Now you can see me go through it front and center. 🙂 So here it goes!
Day 1: VIDEO
If you’ve never tried Shakeology, let alone heard of it, you are likely wondering what it is and does it work? Shakeology is a meal replacement and also known as your daily dose of dense nutrition. After many mornings of making my own shakes, spending tons of money on fresh fruits and vegetables, omega fatty acids, probiotics, chia seeds, and anything else that I thought was good for me to throw in a shake, I decided to give Shakeology a try.
Here are my experiences with it in the last 10 days:
- It’s WAY more convenient. I blend a scoop of Shakeology, crushed ice, frozen fruit and water into my nutribullet. It takes me a total of 3 minutes from start to finish, including washing out the blender cup and blades. Easy peezy!
- NO more coffee! This was so much easier giving up with a load of vitamins to recover from the side effects of no coffee. After 2 days, I had no headaches and was feeling good.
- I notice an increase in energy, specifically after hard workouts. Prior to drinking Shakeology, I would have intense, hour long workouts and feel completely fatigued the entire day. I have now incorporated a half a shake pre-workout and the other half post-workout and I feel energetic the entire day, no signs of fatigue like I use to feel.
- I have lost 2 pounds total. Weight loss hasn’t been my intention but rather feeding my body dense nutrition and feeling great is; a small decrease in my weight is just an added bonus. J
- It’s filling. Shakeology can be used for breakfast, lunch, dinner or for a snack. I have been using it as my breakfast and I drink it at 7:15 in the morning and I don’t feel hungry or need a snack until about 10:30 am. Of course this is going to be different for everybody and depending on your activity level but this is my experience.
- Improved digestion and regularity. I have never been that great with “regularity”. In the last 10 days, I have been regular every day and have seen significant improvement on this front.
- I am sleeping through the night! This is huge for me; I have always been a terrible sleeper. I am now averaging at least 7 hours of sleep a night.
I would encourage you to check out the nutrition facts and what’s in Shakeology, all the information is posted on the website and you can find it here.
Next stop is the 3-Day Refresh cleanse that I am really looking forward to! Stayed tuned for the results!