• 1 lb lean ground beef
• 2 cans of chili seasoned diced tomatoes
• 1 can of red kidney beans, not drained
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• ½ yellow onion, chopped
• 3 garlic gloves, minced
• 1 large green pepper, diced
• 1 large red pepper, diced
• 1 can of corn, drained
• 1 tablespoon chili powder
• 1 tablespoon cumin
In a large saucepan, brown the beef and once cooked, drain the beef and transfer to a large pot. Add canned tomatoes and kidney beans. Let simmer on medium.
In the now empty saucepan, add the olive oil and lightly brown the onion and garlic on medium, ~5 minutes. Add the diced green and red peppers, cook until tender, ~ 5 minutes.
Add vegetable mixture to beef mixture and stir. Add in chili powder and cumin. Bring to a low boil and simmer for approximately 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
Pair with your favorite glass of red wine for some added antioxidant benefits and ENJOY!
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 medium red pepper (chopped)
• 2-3 garlic gloves (minced)
• ½ cup chopped onion
• 1 lb lean ground beef
• 1 Jar of your favorite marinara (homemade marinara works just as well!)
• Fresh basil
• Fresh oregano
• 1 Eggplant (sliced lengthwise ~1/4 inch thick)
• 6 cooked brown rice lasagna noodles (for Gluten Free Recipe)
• 1 cup Part Skim Ricotta
• ½ cup grated Parmesan Cheese
• 3 eggs
• ½ cup part skim mozzarella
In a large sauce pan, cook the ground beef and drain.
In medium saucepan, heat olive oil and sauté red pepper and onion until tender (~5 min), add garlic and sauté until golden brown (~1 min). Add basil, oregano and 1/3 of the marinara sauce. Add this mixture to the ground beef. Remove from heat.
Combine ricotta, parmesan cheese and eggs. Mix well.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly coat a 13 x 9 inch baking dish with approximately ½ cup of the remaining marinara sauce. Place 3 lasagna noodles lengthwise on top of the sauce, add half of the cheese and egg mixture, top with eggplant and half of the remaining sauce. Repeat again. Top with mozzarella cheese.
Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool for approximately 10 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
• 1 bunch of cauliflower (~2 cups)
• ½ cup of chicken or vegetable broth
• ½ fresh squeezed lemon
• ½ cup low fat milk (any milk you prefer works)
• 2 tablespoons butter
• ¼ cup of parmesan cheese
• 4-6 gloves of garlic – minced
• Salt and pepper to taste
• ½ lb of Chicken (omit for vegetarian diet) – diced
• ½ lb of your favorite pasta (I like shells – whole wheat for my man and brown rice (gluten free) for me).
• Bread crumbs (optional)
Boil Cauliflower heads in water until tender. Meanwhile, mince garlic and add to blender along with broth, lemon juice, milk and butter. Once cauliflower is tender, drain water and let cool (~3 minutes) before placing in the blender. Add cauliflower and blend, slowly add in the parmesan cheese and salt and pepper for taste. Keep in blender until your chicken and pasta are completely cooked.
Place diced chicken, pasta and sauce in a medium size dish. Sprinkle your favorite bread crumbs on top and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
* Add some broccoli or peas if you want to get crazy! 😉
Here’s what I will be making for dinner tonight, a recipe that is packed full of nutrients and tastes so delicious. It can be easily modified as well for those following a vegan diet. Makes a great entrée!
• 1 tablespoon olive oil (or other oil if you prefer)
• ½ onion, peeled and diced
• 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
• 1-2 egg(s), beaten (optional for vegan diet)
• ½ zucchini, diced*
• ½ cup of green peppers, diced*
• ½ cup of red peppers, diced*
• ½ cup of button mushrooms, sliced*
• 2 cups cooked long grain brown rice
• 3 tablespoons shoyu**
• 1/3 cup of water
• sea salt to taste
• ½ pound of chicken or tofu, chopped (optional for vegan diet)
• 2 scallions, minced
*You can use any array of vegetables you would like (other options that taste well are peas, broccoli, corn, etc).
** Shoyu is a dark brown soy sauce made from soybeans that have been naturally fermented; contains wheat. This can be found in most grocery stores.
Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil and sauté onion and garlic for approximately 2-3 minutes. Add in remaining vegetables and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes. Add egg and mix until cooked. Add sea salt for taste. Add cooked rice, shoyu and water to pan mixture. Cover and steam for 3-4 minutes. Garnish with scallions.