Eggplant Lasagna – Gluten Free
Prep Time: 35 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 medium red pepper (chopped)
• 2-3 garlic gloves (minced)
• ½ cup chopped onion
• 1 lb lean ground beef
• 1 Jar of your favorite marinara (homemade marinara works just as well!)
• Fresh basil
• Fresh oregano
• 1 Eggplant (sliced lengthwise ~1/4 inch thick)
• 6 cooked brown rice lasagna noodles (for Gluten Free Recipe)
• 1 cup Part Skim Ricotta
• ½ cup grated Parmesan Cheese
• 3 eggs
• ½ cup part skim mozzarella
In a large sauce pan, cook the ground beef and drain.
In medium saucepan, heat olive oil and sauté red pepper and onion until tender (~5 min), add garlic and sauté until golden brown (~1 min). Add basil, oregano and 1/3 of the marinara sauce. Add this mixture to the ground beef. Remove from heat.
Combine ricotta, parmesan cheese and eggs. Mix well.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly coat a 13 x 9 inch baking dish with approximately ½ cup of the remaining marinara sauce. Place 3 lasagna noodles lengthwise on top of the sauce, add half of the cheese and egg mixture, top with eggplant and half of the remaining sauce. Repeat again. Top with mozzarella cheese.
Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool for approximately 10 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
• 1 bunch of cauliflower (~2 cups)
• ½ cup of chicken or vegetable broth
• ½ fresh squeezed lemon
• ½ cup low fat milk (any milk you prefer works)
• 2 tablespoons butter
• ¼ cup of parmesan cheese
• 4-6 gloves of garlic – minced
• Salt and pepper to taste
• ½ lb of Chicken (omit for vegetarian diet) – diced
• ½ lb of your favorite pasta (I like shells – whole wheat for my man and brown rice (gluten free) for me).
• Bread crumbs (optional)
Boil Cauliflower heads in water until tender. Meanwhile, mince garlic and add to blender along with broth, lemon juice, milk and butter. Once cauliflower is tender, drain water and let cool (~3 minutes) before placing in the blender. Add cauliflower and blend, slowly add in the parmesan cheese and salt and pepper for taste. Keep in blender until your chicken and pasta are completely cooked.
Place diced chicken, pasta and sauce in a medium size dish. Sprinkle your favorite bread crumbs on top and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
* Add some broccoli or peas if you want to get crazy! 😉