Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Here’s what I will be making for dinner tonight, a recipe that is packed full of nutrients and tastes so delicious. It can be easily modified as well for those following a vegan diet. Makes a great entrée!
• 1 tablespoon olive oil (or other oil if you prefer)
• ½ onion, peeled and diced
• 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
• 1-2 egg(s), beaten (optional for vegan diet)
• ½ zucchini, diced*
• ½ cup of green peppers, diced*
• ½ cup of red peppers, diced*
• ½ cup of button mushrooms, sliced*
• 2 cups cooked long grain brown rice
• 3 tablespoons shoyu**
• 1/3 cup of water
• sea salt to taste
• ½ pound of chicken or tofu, chopped (optional for vegan diet)
• 2 scallions, minced
*You can use any array of vegetables you would like (other options that taste well are peas, broccoli, corn, etc).
** Shoyu is a dark brown soy sauce made from soybeans that have been naturally fermented; contains wheat. This can be found in most grocery stores.
Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil and sauté onion and garlic for approximately 2-3 minutes. Add in remaining vegetables and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes. Add egg and mix until cooked. Add sea salt for taste. Add cooked rice, shoyu and water to pan mixture. Cover and steam for 3-4 minutes. Garnish with scallions.
Cheers to healthy cooking!