Every week I buy 5-7 bananas to add to my morning shakes and every once in awhile I have some ripe ones left over. Tonight I was looking for a recipe that was not only healthy but had very few ingredients. I found several recipes that sounded great but I ended up combining a few of them to make these nutritious, well balanced muffins that I could grab-and-go in the mornings as a great alternative to my shakes. They were very easy and quick to make and turned out delicious! Great for kids on the go too!
- 2-3 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup peanut butter (I used 1/2 cup all natural peanut butter and 1/2 cup PB2 to reduce the fat intake)
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons honey
- *you can add coconut, chocolate chips, raisins, etc. to enhance these muffins
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees and grease your mini muffin pan with olive or coconut oil
- In a large bowl, combine bananas, eggs and peanut butter, mix well
- Mix in oatmeal, baking soda, vanilla, honey and any additions you’d like to add
- Pour evenly into muffin pan and bake for approximately 8-10 minutes
- Enjoy these for breakfast or even an evening treat!