DIY Honey Lotion Body Bars
Who enjoys getting out of a warm shower and then having to put on cold lotion?? NOT ME!! I absolutely can’t stand that so in turn, my skin ends up being incredibly dry in the winter, UNTIL I found the most amazing thing from LUSH, called King of Skin. It’s essentially body butter in the form of a soap bar that you use in the shower. It soaks into your skin and leaves you feeling completely moisturized from head to toe.
SO, since I was spending crazy amounts of money on this every other month, I thought I would try to make it myself. Not to mention, knowing that I was putting quality, all-natural and organic product on my skin was an even bigger plus! With the help of Thank Your Body, I was able to adapt my own recipe of this amazing body lotion and share it with you all! So here it goes…
- 2 ounces organic beeswax*
- 2 ounces organic shea butter*
- 2 ounces organic coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 drops of organic lavender essential oil (or any other essential oil you prefer)*
- 1 ½ tablespoons of raw honey
- *can be found on Amazon
1) In a double boiler, melt together the beeswax, shea butter, and coconut oil until they become a smooth, uniform liquid
2) Turn the heat off and add the olive oil, honey and essential oil drops
3) In a muffin tin lined with cupcake liners OR in a plastic rectangle mold (found at hobby lobby), ladle the mixture evenly
4) Let cool and set for approximately 3 hours, pop in the fridge to speed up the process.
Use the lotion bar in the shower as an all-over moisturizer, or keep it next to the sink for a hand moisturizer. Enjoy!