If you are like me and love your Friday nights at home baking or cooking then you will like this recipe! It’s so easy, a bit of a healthier version of that chocolate chewy goodness from our childhood and even my boyfriend who can be somewhat picky at times really loved these! Great for kids too!
•2 cups organic quick-cooking rolled oats (gluten free if all natural)
•3/4 semi-sweet Cacao Chips (gluten free if you get the Ghirardelli or Sunspire brand)
•1 medium ripe banana (optional)
•1 tsp. vanilla extract (optional)
•2 Tlbs. organic raw honey (can get this at Trader Joes or other local health stores)
•2 Tlbs. of all natural peanut butter (can be found at most grocery stores)
•Fruit to pair it with (optional)
1. Mash ripe banana and mix in vanilla and honey.
2. Slowly melt the chocolate in the microwave (~2 mins). Stir until smooth and add in the peanut butter. Mix well.
3. Add chocolate mix to the banana mix and mix well. Add the rolled oats until they are all evenly coated.
4. Place a heaping tablespoon each into a non-stick, mini muffin pan. Press tops flat with a spoon and place in the fridge for about an hour to set.
5. Remove with a spoon when you are ready to indulge and add some fruit for color and taste if desired, yum!!
*Keep leftovers in the fridge for taste and freshness.
Yum!! Cheers to Mindful, Healthy Living